Friday, February 6, 2009

Cheap Thrills

One of my favorite things about Boston is that folks put seriously good stuff out on their sidewalk for those of us with no pride to take and enjoy for FREE!  I hate to admit it, but much of our home has been furnished by really great curbside finds.  Well, now our winter fun has been furnished by a kind gentleman (in a fancy suburb) who set out this vintage 10 ft. toboggan for our sledding pleasure.  For goodness sake, it is long enough to fit our whole family!  It was quite a sight when we tried to fit this into our fully-peopled minivan while still dressed in our church clothes!  I just love that cute tongue peeking out on the driver and eager anticipation on the passenger--what a fun day of sledding! 

4 comments:

DC said...

That's great especially because you have a nice hill for sledding right in your yard or down at the park. And those toboggans are expensive! Good find.

Sweeney Household said...

I love this photo! That's a great toboggan. I can picture it hanging in a fancy ski shop or chalet. I'm sure the man would be thrilled with your "cheap thrills."

(it was fun chatting with you at our laundry session. :) )

lady ace said...

that is a great picture! i love it. and there's NO shame in free things from the street. that's how i got my beloved desk in my room. also on the way home from church in sf.

Janika said...

The way I see it, this toboggan was just a small heavenly reward for being in the "right place at the right time!"