Saturday, January 2, 2010

This year we ran out of time to make our gingerbread houses before Christmas. I felt guilty about that for a moment, and then said to myself, "Why not do that after Christmas?" So, when doing all my Christmas dinner shopping I picked up supplies for the houses and promptly packed them away. A few days after Christmas when all stocking treats were long consumed and boredom was just about to set in, I pulled out the supplies and created instant excitement! It was so nice to just relax, spend half the day and enjoy the process instead of worrying about the mess or other Christmas activities to rush off to. I highly recommend gingerbread house-making as the perfect after Christmas activity. Oh, and a cheap activity too. My grocery store was practically giving away the candy (everything pictured) on Christmas Eve for 25 cents a bag. Love it.

No comments: