Monday, October 27, 2008

Head-Over-Heels

Have I ever mentioned how much I love Boston?  It's not just that I "like" Boston-- it's that I am absolutely, unabashedly head-over-heels in love with Boston.  We've lived here over eight years and it really was love at first sight.  Though I do admit that sometimes in February and March my love wanes.  Luckily, the blossoms of April bring me back full force into my love affair with this city.  Every time we drive into the South End for dance classes at the Boston Ballet, I tell my girls, "Do you know how lucky you are?  You live in the coolest city ever!"  They really don't believe me, but I just have to keep reminding them that my childhood in Kansas was great fun, but nothing nearly as awesome as their experiences and opportunities in Boston.  I mean, really, where else do you get to see Antebellum doorways like this while just walking down the street?  Maybe all the newness of the West developed my appreciation for the old.  Who knows.  All I know is that if I could give Boston a kiss on the cheek with the vibrant orange, red, yellow and brown leaves in the background, I totally would.


5 comments:

ellen said...

I'm crazy about this place too and have been for 20 years!!

JENNILLE said...

Hey Jani,
You should post more often! I just got back from a 5 day trip to NYC so I was able to see how beautiful the NE is in October. The Pacific NW isn't too bad either this time of year, although the rain will start next week and probably not let up until April so we're bracing ourselves. Hope you guys are doing well!

Erik

Miranda J said...

Great post Janika!

SuzanneF said...

Hi J! I just was blog hopping from Deanna's and enjoying your posts. So good to see your lovely family's activities. We love Boston, too. We love Seattle, too, too. I miss those amazing doors. Hope you're all well and warm!

DC said...

We love Boston, too. Good thing it's within driving distance!