Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Give Me an M!


[SPOILER ALERT for New Mexico Cousins!!]
I made this reversible smock for my darling little nephew Miles, who is now officially a big brother thanks to the arrival of new Baby Otis!  The Little Mr. was kind enough to model it before we send it off today.  Love this jungle fabric and thought Miles would enjoy showing off the first letter of his name!  

I made up this pattern from looking at some vintage aprons on www.angrychicken.typepad.com.  I do have to say my favorite features are the criss-cross in the back and the vintage buttons (salvaged from a friend's mother's fabric stash) I hope he likes it!  

3 comments:

rebecca said...

Janika,
That is one fun looking smock! Your nephew will love it and so will his mom. I love the "m."
I just bought some fun material to make aprons for my girls. I think I'll be making a smock instead:)

chilidawg said...

Miles is going to love it! Thanks for making it for him.

kel bel said...

Miles loves it--he says he'll put it in his t-shirt drawer. And he likes looking at the pictures of Sammy--he keeps asking to see them again. Your blog is so great, Janika. Thanks for posting so much fun stuff!